Premature Ovarian Failure Treatment
Premature Ovarian Failure or POF is defined as a primary ovarian defect. In these condition women ovaries are incapable of releasing healthy and mature egg each month. It is the absence of primary amenorrhea or premature depletion of ovarian follicles before the age of 40 years.
• Family history of Premature Ovarian Failure
• Genetic issues
• Previous ovarian surgeries
• Exposure to radiation
• Chemotherapy treatment
• Infection such as herpes zoster, cytomegalovirus
• Immune system disorder
• Chromosomal abnormalities-Turner syndrome
• Fragile X syndrome
• Monogenic defects
• Hormonal defect such as Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) and Luteinizing Hormone (LH)
• Auto immune disorder
• Abnormal irregular menstruation
• Excessive night sweat
• Vaginal dryness
• Hot flashes
• Reduced growth velocity
• Absent menarche
• Primary Amenorrhea
• Heat intolerance
• Sleep disturbance
• Poor concentration
• Decreased libido
• Hair coarseness
Collect the over all medical history, family history, menstrual history, any previous illnesses & surgery, and exposures etc.
A general physical examination to look for evidence of hormone problems or any medical illnesses. This examination should focus on the reproductive system.
The health care provider may check your hormone level. A blood test measures the level of Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH), LH and Estrogen hormone that are related to ovarian function and overall egg numbers. In high levels of FSH may mean you are suffering from POF.
• Follicle Stimulating Hormone test- FSH level is over 40 mlU/ml
• Low Estradiol (usually < 50 pmol/L)
• LH test
USG is easily determined if there any abnormality in the reproductive system. This scan frequently reveals small ovaries without the evidence of growing follicles. And also take a Transvaginal ultrasound scan.
• Genetic counseling
• Fragile X testing
• Testing for adrenal antibodies
• A Dual-Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (DXA)
• Screening test for Autoimmune disease
Hormone replacement therapy
• It is considered as most effective and treatment for women with premature ovarian failure
• It supplies estrogen and other vital hormones to body that are poor of them
• It helps to remove things like hot flashes & night sweats and enables women to experience regular periods again
Women with premature ovarian reserve are susceptible to succumb to osteoporosis, so their bodies require
• 1,200 to 1,500 mg of elemental calcium for each day
• 1000 international units of Vitamin D each day
Exercise and healthy habits
• Exercise and physical activities like walking, jogging, etc
• Maintain the good healthy habit, take healthy diet
• It helps to reduce your complication of osteoporosis and heart diseases
Women with Premature Ovarian Failure request for fertility treatment. It can attain conceive through the donor eggs.
Oocyte retrieval or ovum collection is a process of extracting eggs from a woman's ovaries before the release of ovarian follicles. The Oocyte Retrieval is a part of the IVF, during which the healthy eggs are extracted to get them fertilized outside the woman's body. The ovaries are stimulated with hormones to obtain more Oocytes during the retrieval. The Oocytes are retrieved for In Vitro Fertilization.
Fertility Preservation helps Premature Ovarian Failure patients return their fertility. Fertility Preservation should be done prior to start in early diagnosis of genetic defect and POF. Since, it helps to get pregnancy. So the various numbers of techniques are available for Fertility Preservation.
• Some women may need referral to a Psychiatrist
• Any associated depression or anxiety needs to be addressed and managed appropriately
• cardiovascular disease
• Alzheimer's disease
• Low thyroid function
• Addison's disease
• Fragile X permutation,
• Genetic, Metabolic, and Autoimmune disorders.
We at Sakthi Fertility provide all under one roof. It serves as one of the best centers for Assisted Reproductive Technology treatment in Udumalpet, Coimbatore and many infertile couples are benefitted with our fertility treatment and have a complete family. Sakthi Fertility centre has skilled specialists in infertility treatment, Pollution free environment, innovative financing programs, and patient friendly and provides the best services to fulfil the patient's dream of having a baby. It has treated multiple number of Premature Ovarian Failure (POF) in Udumalpet, Coimbatore and Tamilnadu, India region.
For More Information: +91 96 26 200 600
We are here to answer any questions about your fertility treatment and we'll respond as soon as we can.