Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) is a type of Artificial Insemination. IUI is a procedure used to treat infertility. Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) is placing sperm inside a Woman's Uterus when she is ovulating to facilitate fertilization. The sperms travel into the Fallopian Tubes to fertilize the Woman's egg or eggs. Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) can be done with the sperm of the Male partner or with Donor sperms and depends on the reasons for infertility. IUI can be coordinated with the Women's normal cycle or superovulation (medicine to increase the number of available eggs). Donor sperm are used when the Male partner is sterile or has an extremely low sperm count or carries a risk of Genetic disease. A Woman who wants to conceive without a Male partner can also use a Donor sperm. Prior to Intrauterine Insemination, the sperms are usually washed and concentrated (placing unwashed sperm directly into the Uterus can cause severe cramps). Our fertility specialists enhance the chances to conceive easily with IUI at unbelievable low cost in Udumalpet, Coimbatore and Tamilnadu, India with Highest success rate in IUI. Sakthi Fertility serves as one of the best fertility clinics in Tamilnadu.
At Sakthi Fertility, we treat couple's whose ability to become Pregnant depends on many different factors. The most common reasons for IUI are a low sperm count or decreased sperm motility. Intrauterine Insemination is used most often in couples who have
• Very low sperm concentration or reduced motility
• Unexplained infertility
• Endometriosis related infertility
• Subfertility that means in Semen Analysis, if sperm concentration is below average, weak movement (motility) of sperm, or abnormalities in sperm size and shape (Morphology). IUI can overcome some of these problems because preparing sperm for the procedure helps separate highly motile, normal sperm from those of lower quality
• Cervical factor infertility means mucus produced by the cervix around the time of Ovulation provides an ideal environment for sperm to travel from your Vagina to the Fallopian Tubes. But, if the cervical mucus is too thick, it may affect the sperm's journey. IUI bypasses the cervix, depositing sperm directly into your Uterus and increasing the number of sperm available to meet the awaiting egg.
• Semen allergy, rarely some Woman could have an allergy to proteins in her partner's semen. Ejaculation of semen into the Vagina causes redness, burning and swelling where the semen contacts the skin. A condom can protect you from the symptoms, but it also prevents Pregnancy. If your sensitivity is severe, IUI can be effective, since many of the semen proteins are removed before the sperm is inserted.
IUI is a painless procedure that doesn't require long stay at hospital. It is a relatively simple procedure that doesn't even require anesthesia and can be performed within few minutes. At Sakthi Fertility, we have a separate day care unit for our IUI patients. You just need to stay for a couple of hours. We make the process appear so simple, you do not feel that you are under some medical assistance. It is done before you actually realize.
You cannot decide that by yourself. It can be advised only on an expert's domain. If you are trying to conceive for a considerable long time for about 2-3 years but yet to see success, it is advisable to contact a fertility expert to know the actual reason behind it. At Sakthi Fertility,our fertility specialists encourage our patients to have an open discussion. This helps to detect the actual cause of infertility. You will be advised for IUI only when you actually need it. At Sakthi Fertility, we provides the service of IUI at very low cost in Udumalpet, Pollachi, Palani, Coimbatore and Tamilnadu, India.
At Sakthi Fertility, before Intrauterine Insemination, Ovulation stimulating medications may be used, in which careful ultrasound monitoring will be necessary to determine when the eggs are mature. The IUI procedure will then be performed around the time of ovulation, typically about 24-36 hours after the surge in LH hormone that indicates Ovulation. A Semen sample will be washed in the lab to separate the semen from the seminal fluid. A catheter will then be used to insert the sperm directly into the Uterus. This process maximizes the number of sperm cells that are placed in the Uterus, thus increasing the possibility of conception.
The IUI procedure takes only a few minutes and involves minimal discomfort. After IUI, there is only watch for signs and symptoms of Pregnancy
During IUI procedure, you'll put your legs into Lithotomy position and a speculum will be inserted into your Vagina. During the procedure, the doctor or nurse will:
• A long, thin, flexible tube (Catheter) is loaded with healthy washed semen sample
• The Catheter is inserted into your Vagina, through your cervical opening and into your Uterus
• Pushes the semen sample slowly through the tube into your Uterus
• The Catheter is removed slowly, followed by the speculum
The success rate of IUI depends upon several factors. If a couple has performed the IUI procedure each month, success rates may reach as high as 20% per cycle depending on variables such as Female age, the reason for infertility, and the usage of fertility drug, among other variables.
Some Women conceive in the very first cycle, for some it may take two to three cycles. At Sakthi Fertility, we aim to achieve success in minimum possible time. We perform a Pregnancy test after 14 days of the procedure. If the test is positive, the patient needs to follow up for Antenatal check up after the heart beat of the foetus is confirmed.
Intrauterine Insemination is a relatively simple and safe procedure and the risks are low. Risks include:
There's a slight risk of developing an infection as a result of the procedure.
Sometimes during the process of placing the Catheter in the Uterus causes a small amount of Vaginal bleeding. This Vaginal bleeding doesn't usually have an effect on the chance of Pregnancy.
• Multiple Pregnancy
IUI itself isn't associated with an increased risk of a multiple Pregnancy — twins, triplets or more. But, when coordinated with Ovulation-inducing medications, the risk of a Multiple Pregnancy increases significantly. A Multiple Pregnancy has higher risks than a single Pregnancy does, including early labor and low birth weight.
After the IUI procedure, you may feel little cramps on the day of the procedure. Apart from this there are no side effects. You can get back to your normal life immediately.
Have healthy normal diet, do light exercises like brisk walking or yoga and have a normal sex life. The doctors at Sakthi Fertility will act as your best guide. They will come up with exclusive plans according to your needs.
We at Sakthi Fertility serves best in Assisted Reproductive Technology Clinics in Coimbatore and many infertility couples are benefitted with our treatment and have a complete family. Sakthi Fertility has skilled specialists in infertility treatment, innovative financing programs, patient friendly, provides the best services to fulfil the peoples dream of having a baby. At Sakthi Fertility, we provide services at cheaper packages for IUI, IVF, ICSI, all investigations under one roof, pollution free environment, highest success rate, dedicated team of doctors to provide the best services.
For More Information: +91 96 26 200 600
We are here to answer any questions about your fertility treatment and we'll respond as soon as we can.