Egg Retrieval Surgery in Tamilnadu
Oocytes (Eggs) are the Female Gametes which have the ability to produce another human, if it is fertilized by the Male Gamete (sperm). The women ovary has finite number of oocytes by her birth. During her reproductive age, the women's ovaries release single oocyte in each menstrual cycle.
Oocyte Retrieval or ovum pickup is a process of extracting eggs from a woman's ovary before the release of Ovarian Follicles. The Oocyte Retrieval is a part of the IVF, during which the healthy eggs are extracted to get them fertilized outside the woman's body. The ovaries are stimulated with hormones to obtain more oocytes during the retrieval. The Oocytes are retrieved for In Vitro Fertilization. Sakthi Fertility serves as the best centre for Oocyte Retrieval with minimal invasion at low cost in Udumalpet, Palani, Tiruppur, Pollachi, Coimbatore, and Tamilnadu, India.
A probe along with a needle guide is used under ultrasound guidance to extract Ovarian Follicles. The ovaries are constantly visualized during the retrieval process. The entire process is handled by proficient Fertility experts to ensure that it is efficiently done.
• General anesthesia or Sedation with Midazolam 2.5mg and Pethidin 50mg
• The Vagina is soaked with an Isotonic saline solution
• Covered with a sterile surgical sheet and the Gynecologist wore sterile surgical gloves
• Ultrasound transducer is covered with a sterile plastic sheet
• Ultrasound-guidance with a 16G single lumen needle
• No Prophylaxis with antibiotics
• It is a Transvaginal Aspiration directly from the Ovarian Follicles; this is approximately 36 hours after an injection of HCG
• At same time, the Follicular Fluid is taken into the laboratory, so that the eggs can be determined by the Embryologists, as Oocyte mature within the developing Follicle; they are surrounded by cumulus cells which participate in the nourishment of the egg
• The egg and the cumulus are referred to as the Oocyte-cumulus complex
• Immediately after retrieval, each complex is determined under a microscope and then transferred to a special solution that is specially designed to provide all of the nutrients and other substances required to maximize of successful fertilization of eggs by the sperm
• The eggs are placed into an incubator, so that the environmental conditions surrounding the eggs can be tightly controlled with consideration to light, Oxygen and CO2 concentrations, as well as the pH and also temperature. The Cumulus cells are left attached to the Oocyte for at least 4 hours of post-retrieval to allow the Oocyte to complete their maturation. As different procedures considering Oocyte and Embryonic development occur on particular days, we refer to the day of the Oocyte Retrieval as "Zero Day"
The number of eggs that can be retrieved at a time depends on certain factors like the maturity of the eggs or the Oocyte, the age of the patient etc. However, the number of Oocyte varies from ten to thirty that can be exacted in a single cycle.
There can be slight Menstrual cramps and Vaginal bleeding after the retrieval for a couple of days, but these generally subsides gradually. However, if you experience prolonged cramps, severe pain, bloating or a raised body temperature, you should get in touch with your doctor immediately.
The risk factor is negligible, if done by expert fertility specialists who take special care so that no harm is incurred to the internal organs of the patient. Risks include,
• Adnexal Torsion
• Injury of Pelvic Structure
The following recommendations will ease the recovery and prepare the body for next steps:
• Treat if any complication occurs after this procedure
• Treat the discomfort, use with a heating pad and rest
• Ask the Physician to recommend pain relief medications
• Avoid heavy lifting and vigorous exercise, as ovaries are still enlarged during this time and may be tender
• Advised to go for a gentle walk
• Avoid alcohol or caffeine
• Avoid tub baths, hot tubs, Jacuzzis, swimming or immersing oneself in water from the time of the Egg Retrieval until after the pregnancy test. Take showers rather than baths
• Avoid medication except that which the doctor or nurse has asked the patient to take
• Refrain from intercourse from this time up until one week after the Embryo Transfer
• Avoid using of douches, Spermicides or Vaginal creams during this time
We at Sakthi Fertility provide all under one roof. It serves as one of the best centers for Assisted Reproductive Technology treatment in Udumalpet, Coimbatore, Tiruppur, Tamilnadu and many infertile couples are benefitted with our Fertility treatment and have a complete family. Sakthi Fertility centre has skilled specialists in Infertility treatment, Pollution free environment, innovative financing programs, and patient friendly and provides the best services to fulfil the patient's dream of having a baby. We have modern instruments with World class sterilizing standards, hence the chances of occurrence of infection is very minimal.
For More Information: +91 96 26 200 600
We are here to answer any questions about your fertility treatment and we'll respond as soon as we can.