Dilation and Curettage treatment in tamilnadu
Dilatation and Curettage (D&C) is a short surgical procedure in which the cervix is dilated by the hegar dilators and a special instrument called Curette is used to scrap and to remove the tissues from the uterine lining or by a Suction Curettage. At Sakthi Fertility, our fertility specialists do this procedure under anesthesia. It is a therapeutic procedure used in the first trimester abortion or miscarriage. Sakthi Fertility provides the services of Dilatation and Curettage at low cost in Udumalpet, Coimbatore. Our centre have earned the name of best Pregnancy care hospital in Coimbatore.
Dilatation & Curettage is used to treat and diagnose the uterine diseases. There may be plenty of reasons behind a women requiring Dilation and Curettage. However, some of the very prominent reasons among them are
• To diagnose and treat heavy bleeding in women
• To probe into the reasons behind Female Infertility
• To remove placental tissues from the uterus that might be left behind after delivery, miscarriage or abortion
• To treat abnormal uterine growths like Fibroids, Polyps or Endometriosis
• Effects of Anesthesia such as an adverse reaction to medication and breathing problems
• Heavy bleeding
• Infection in the uterus or other Pelvic organs
• Uterine Perforation
• Laceration or weakening of the Cervix
• Scarry tissues in the uterus or cervix and it require further treatment
• Incomplete procedure that requires another procedure to be performed
At Sakthi Fertility, we make sure that we choose our best team of experts to handle a Dilatation and Curettage (D&C) process. This reduces the chances of complications to a greater extent. We have a detailed look at the patient's past medical history to identify allergic issues that may have bothered her in the past.
A D&C procedure may be performed as an outpatient or inpatient procedure in our hospital under anesthesia to help you relax at first. Most often, General anesthesia is used, but IV anesthesia or Paracervical anesthesia may also be used.
You may be given antibiotics intravenously or orally to help prevent infection.
• A speculum is inserted into the Vagina to visualize the cervix and the cervix will be opened with dilator. Hegar dilator is a narrow instrument in varying sizes
• The suction Curettage (also called Vacuum Aspiration) procedure uses a Plastic cannula (a flexible tube) attached to a suction device to remove the contents of the uterus. The cannula is approximately the diameter in millimeters as the number of weeks gestation the Pregnancy is. For example, a 7mm cannula would be used for a Pregnancy that is 7 weeks Gestation. The use of a curette (sharp-edged loop) to scrape the lining of the uterus may also be used, but this is often not necessary
• Once the doctor has seen that the uterus has become firm and the bleeding has stopped or is minimal, the speculum will be removed and you will be sent to recovery
Though it is completely a day care process, which is finished in less than 30 minutes, but the duration of the hospital stay depends upon the patient's condition after the procedure. The doctor is the best judge in this scenario who can decide when the patient is fit enough to be released.
• The doctor may prescribe pain medication to help you manage the initial cramping after the procedure
• Most women can return to normal activities within a few days, and some feel good enough to return to normal non-strenuous activity within 24 hours
• You should avoid intercourse for at least 2 weeks or the bleeding stops
D&C or Dilatation and Curettage is used to probe into the uterus to find out the presence of benign growths that might prevent a woman from conceiving. This process is also used to investigate and cure endometriosis in women, which is one of most prominent reasons behind Female infertility.
We Sakthi Fertility provides all under one roof. Our fertility specialist performs best in Pregnancy care, Infertility treatment in Udumalpet, Coimbatore. It serves one of the best centers for Assisted Reproductive Technology treatment in udumalpet, Coimbatore and many infertile couples are benefitted with our fertility treatment and have a complete family at low cost . Sakthi Fertility centre has skilled specialist in D&C (Dilatation and Curettage) treatment
We are here to answer any questions about your fertility treatment and we'll respond as soon as we can.